Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Kash and Javak







This dress was bought last year, the design as you see is not something you see everyday. I think this design was very new, and only some tailors in Z-dan sew this model. However I would not wear this dress, (it's not mine!), but I like the way the tailors play with their fantasies, in order to reach more costumers.


The dotch is however a Kash and Javak, and is a classic dotch, I feel a connection with this dotch, because all my aunts and the eldery have a least one Kash and Javak. It is the dotch that is most wanted, most expensive, the most complicated to embroid, the oldest but still the dotch that is always "modern".


I remember how my aunts and grandma used to explain the difficulties with embroiding a Kash and Javak, often eye-irritations as a consequence. And I also remember how outside I felt, whenever I visit my cousins. All of my cousins, age 10 up, were embroiding their dotchs, and I could only watch and be fascinated.
I think it is important to know the HARD WORK that is required when embroiding most dotchs, and we who buy/wear them don't think about the work and effort behind it. It's not "just embroiding", it is spreading and keeping a culture alive. Thumbs up for u guys!


Now I know that most people who embroid dotchs, do not do it because they want to "spread and keep the culture alive", they embroid because that's their only way to earn money. The balochi ladies are mostly at home, and not working at offices, so embroiding dotchs is their job, their way to make a living and is a big help, especially for those whose husbands are jobless, or drugaddicts. Therefore the competition between the different dotch-embroiders is very high, so one has to come up with different ideas so that their dotchs are the most unique.

4 Comments:

At May 13, 2008 at 2:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is interesting how one person's hobby is another person's survival mechanism.

 
At May 15, 2008 at 2:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think u are going to cut the sleev and make it like pakistan dress ...if u gona cut sleev there isnot any mean of balochi dress it dosent look balochi dress any more there must be diffrence with other world dress it s not looking good !!!!

 
At May 21, 2008 at 12:16 PM , Blogger Hina said...

Different and pretty nice. But I do think of the effort and the hard work behind every dress. That's reason why I like balochi dresses.

 
At May 24, 2008 at 3:13 PM , Blogger Hina said...

For the sake of updating your blog, you can honor the tag I've tagged you with.. :P Visit my blog for the questions of the tag.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home