Saturday, April 26, 2008

Green?!



This green dress has a special thread, one single thread consists of several colours, this one has silver-green-white. This was in fashion some year ago, and all the balochi girls wore this dress but they had a different form on the dress, the so called "kalosh", which means that the dress is short, and could be tightened through the sides. I did not like the kalosh-form, so I had mine without any special form, the good old. The price of this dotch is very low, about $45-55, and this fabric was very cheap too.


The thing is that the balochi ladies in my family don't recognize the cheap fabrics, they tend to buy the most latest and expensive fabric, and often consider the cheap ones "horrible". Since I don't live there, I have another view on clothes. I buy whatever it costs, with that I mean if I see a fabric I like, and it's cheap =PERFECT! If it's expensive, I won't buy it, no matter how fantastic it is.


I remember one time I had picked out a gorgeus dotch (full of mirrors,and I love mirrors!) which only costed $30, and a cheap matching fabric. I went to the lady-tailor, and told her to sew this one for me, and she actually refused, and said that she would not accept cheap clothes like this! I was shocked, and that was the last time I went to her. I would love to upload pics on that dress and let u guys see how nice it matched, but I forgot it in Z-dan, next year inshallah! :)

4 Comments:

At April 27, 2008 at 5:46 AM , Blogger CK said...

Green is a good color if u ask me ... The dotch is also wonderful, but there seems to b a lil problem regarding the heaviness of the 'dotch' n the overall clothe . The 'dotch' seems a bit heavy. But the overall work done on it is fine...

 
At April 27, 2008 at 1:08 PM , Blogger Baloch Girl said...

I don't know what u meant with "heaviness", but I feel that the fabric gives a "too much"-expression,maybe a fabric that isn't so colourful would match this dotch...Well...I don't really know:)

 
At April 29, 2008 at 1:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

NICE

 
At April 29, 2011 at 8:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

lovely favric and dotch which matches

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home