Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Balochi dress worn by the Queen?


This is the (now getting kinda old) Iranian popstar, Googoosh standing next to the Iranian Queen, Farah. Now let's forget them and let's focus on the red "dress"(Coat?). I've heard a lot of different theories about this dress (coat) worn by the Queen. It was apparently embroided with a unique silk-thread. It is claimed that this "dress" was given to Queen Farah, from a balochi lady, as an act of friendship. This balochi lady had a high post during the Shah-era, and was a close friend to the Queen..... Anyone who knows anything more?




This pic was taken in Saad Abad (Teheran), Saad Abad was the Shahs Palace Complex, but was turned into a museum after the revolution 1979. Different buildings present different themes, this balochi dress was seen in the culture building. (..and yes that is my exciting finger pointing at the dress!)

7 Comments:

At September 25, 2008 at 1:55 PM , Blogger Mostafa said...

omg. I never forget Sa'd Abad. it's very fascinating

 
At September 28, 2008 at 8:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow the queen's dress looks awesome! Can't you make something like this next time you are in Z-Dan Baloch Girl? Are the embroderies Balochi-style? They could be Afghani as well.

 
At September 28, 2008 at 2:56 PM , Blogger Baloch Girl said...

I would love to have a dptch like the one the queen is wearing. But it looks VERY detailed, as you guys can see, and I'm afraid I wont be able to find anyone who would embroid something like that,cuz it will take a lot of time and effort to create a masterpiece like this!

 
At September 29, 2008 at 10:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It would look great with black wide-legged trousers and black dress knee-length - and the coat on top...It is really a master piece! I will try and talk to my aunt in Pakistan to hear if she can get it made or not....

 
At September 29, 2008 at 11:36 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just showed it to my mother.She said the type of work is called mahi-pusht and zurat-tau in haftrang? does that make any sense?

 
At September 30, 2008 at 10:52 AM , Blogger Baloch Girl said...

To Sogul: I have heard the "haftrang"- word but the rest is unfamiliar to me! Would love to hear what ur aunty will answer, plz let us know if it is possible to embroid?! Exciting! And I agree with you that this embroidment could very easily be fitted in the western society, it is hard to "not get impressed" by this unique dotch!

 
At October 1, 2008 at 11:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is possible to get something made like that but not completely the same - the style of queens can be hard to copy :-)
My mother says it can take a couple of months or more just to do the embrodery. I will try to show the design to the "experts" next time I visit pakistan

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home